Caring for the Earth is a yearlong priority at SeaChange, and with Earth Day on the horizon, we’ve been thinking about some of our favorite moves:
1. Our roof-top solar panels supply 60 KWH per year – saving more than 75 tons of CO2 gases.
2. We diligently recycle materials from our production cycle, offices and lunch tables. Only 6.8% of our total waste heads to the landfill.
3. When we added UV capabilities, we reduced our VOC emissions from sheetfed ink by 95%.
4. We recycle waste inks, and spent solvent and oils are turned into alternative fuel.
5. We’re FSC certified and certified as a Great/Green Printer by Printing Industry Midwest.
Not sure what you can do for Earth Day? Here are a few ideas:
1. Upcycle an old piece of furniture.
2. Carry a stainless steel reusable water bottle to cut down on single-use plastics.
3. Buy from your local farmers market, join a CSA, or plant your own vegetable and herb garden.
4. Go thrifting instead of shopping new.
5. Organize a neighborhood park clean-up day.
We look forward to seeing the photos and hope you’ll join us!